When you search for information in multiple databases, and import the references into RefWorks you will need to do a duplicate check
- Make two working folders "Check" and "Exclude"
- Move the references you want to check for duplicates to the folder called "Check".
- Right-click on the folder "Check" and choose "Find duplicates - close duplicates in this folder". You will then get a list of possible duplicates. Please observe that the list can be many pages.
- Pick out the references that you do not want to keep (check the boxes). RefWorks have already checked the duplicate boxes, but you might want to do a manual verification.
- Move the checked reference in to the "Exclude" folder.
- Delete the references in the "Exclude" folder: Go to the folder "Exclude" check "All in list" and click "Delete".
- Finish by emtying the folder "Check". Go to the folder "Check" check "All in list" and check the icon for "Remove from folder"