A systematic search to retrieve information:
1. Break down your question into concepts
2. Choose relevant databases, more than one
3. Make a "quick and dirty" search
4. Look at the subject terms for the articles you find interesting
5. Use the thesaurus to find more subject terms
6. “Brainstorm” for more search Terms
7. Search every Search Term one at a time
8. Broaden your search with OR within the Search Blocks
9. Combine the different Search Blocks with AND
10. Choose limits
11. Look at all of the result - Related citations? Missed anything?
12. Start all over...